Install Maldet on cPanel / CentOS
Maldet is a malware scanner for Linux. It is released under the GNU GPLv2 license. The installation of Maldet is very simple. This post will explain how to install Maldet on CentOS and cPanel server.
cd /usr/local/src/ wget http://www.rfxn.com/downloads/maldetect-current.tar.gz tar -xzf maldetect-current.tar.gz cd maldetect-* sh ./install.sh
If you have a cPanel server and ClamAV installed on it, the maldet will use the ClamAV scan engine. The ClamAV installation instructions are described Button
Once you have installed the Maldet on your server, it will automatically enable a cronjob inside /etc/cron.daily/maldet, so a daily scan will be run on your server. Also, you can set up the email alert by editing the maldet configuration file /usr/local/maldetect/conf.maldet. Change the directive email_alert to 1 and give the desired email ID in the directive email_addr. You will get notified only once any infected files found on your server.
The syntax and basic maldet commands are given below:
maldet [options] Path
1. To scan all files in the path
maldet -a <Path to the directory> e.g: maldet -a /home/?/public_html
2. To update malware detection signatures from rfxn.com
3. To update the installed version from rfxn.com
4. To Quarantine all malware from report SCANID
maldet -q SCANID
5. To launch a background scan for all user’s public_html and public_ftp in all home directories
maldet -b --scan-all /home?/?/public_?
6. To list all scan reports time and SCANID:
maldet --report list
7. To Show a specific report details:
maldet --report SCANID
- Install FlatPak on Ubuntu and Derivatives
- Download Kali Linux Wallpapers (Free)
- Web hosting : how does it work?
- How to change the file/directory permission using find command?
- How to Install BleachBit on Ubuntu and Derivatives
- What is Sticky Bit in Linux?
- Correct ownership of all accounts in cPanel
- How to list connections on the server with netstat command
If you like the post and wish to receive more articles from us, please like our FB page: If you like this post and wish to receive more articles from us, please like our FB page: Button
Your suggestions and feedbacks will encourage us and help to improve further, please feel free to write your comments.
For more details on our services, please drop us an E-mail at email@example.com