How to take the backup of a domain in Plesk
This post explains how to create a backup of the content of a website in Plesk. The pleskbackup utility is used for this purpose. Follow the steps given below:
1: Log in to your server.
2: Create a backup of the domain using the command:
plesk bin pleskbackup domains-name <domain-name>
3: The backup file will be created in the following location with the name backup_user-data_*.tgz.
4: If the client is a reseller or under a reseller, the backup file path will be:
5: Now, move the backup file to the below location:
6: Set the permission to 0644.
Now you can download the the backup file using the link http://<domain-name>/<backup-file-name>
- How to update Plesk panel
- How to find Plesk license key
- Log files in Plesk
- How to enable spam filtering for an email account in Plesk
- How to reset Plesk panel password
- Enable auto-reply messages for an email account in Plesk
- How to Set up mail forwarding in Plesk
- How to add email alias for an email account in Plesk.
- How to enable shell access for a Plesk account
If you like the post Understanding top Command and wish to receive more articles from us, please like our FB page: GrepItOut
Your suggestions and feedbacks will encourage us and help to improve further, please feel free to write your comments. For more details on our services, please drop us an E-mail at email@example.com