Disable Outgoing email of a cPanel Account
If you are using cPanel server, you can simply disable outgoing email of a cPanel account using WHM API Functions. In hosting servers, spamming is a common issue which leads the server’s IP address to be blacklisted in RBLs. This cPanel API functions will help to take the control of a spamming account in a matter of time.
This feature is available in WHM version 56. We need to use WHM API Functions to disable outgoing email. You can read about these API functions below:
Suspend outgoing email
This function sets Exim’s queue to suspend and force failure for email that a user sends to an external address.
whmapi1 suspend_outgoing_email user=cPanel_Username
whmapi1 suspend_outgoing_email user=grepitout
Unsuspend outgoing email
This function helps to unsuspend the email activity of a cPanel account.
whmapi1 unsuspend_outgoing_email user=cPanel_Username
whmapi1 unsuspend_outgoing_email user=grepitout
Hold outgoing email
This function sets Exim’s queue to hold email that a user sends to an external address.
whmapi1 hold_outgoing_email user=cPanel_Username
whmapi1 hold_outgoing_email user=grepitout
Release outgoing email
This function helps to release the email activity of a cPanel account whose email is held.
whmapi1 release_outgoing_email user=example
whmapi1 release_outgoing_email user=grepitout
- How to Delete SSL from a domain in cPanel
- Enabling PHP-FPM forces disable_functions in cPanel
- How to Change MySQL Data Directory in Linux
- How to Install OpenVPN Client on Ubuntu
- Create email account in cPanel via terminal
- Create FTP account in cPanel via terminal
- How to Block Traffic by Country using CSF Firewall
- How to Combine Apache Access Logs in cPanel
- How to Remove Unity from Ubuntu 17.10 after Upgrade
- How to install SimpleHelp on cPanel or Linux
If you like this post and wish to receive more articles from us, please like our FB page: GrepItOut
Your suggestions and feedbacks will encourage us and help to improve further, please feel free to write your comments.
For more details on our services, please drop us an E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org